The following example shows how you can launch a new Flex Window container in Adobe AIR by creating a custom Window component and calling the open() method.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

fontSize="32"
            horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0" />

</mx:Window>
Tagged with:

12 Responses to Opening a new Window in Adobe AIR

1. Bhaskar says:

Why you are still using halo components? you can use spark right?

2. Tahir Alvi says:

Hi,
    I want to know that what is method to make a costume title bar in flash builder 4?

Thanks

3. feresr says:

Hi! i’m sorry. but can’t get this working.. i don’t know what i’m doing wrong..

this is the error:

access to an undifined proprety MyWin

could you tell me what i’m doing wrong?

thanks…

4. feresr says:

oh!.. i did copy the second block.. but i didn’t name it as MyWin.mxml.. that may be the Error..

Thank you for answering me. !.

5. feresr says:

Hi again, I’m sorry but i still have some problems with this code… and i think it’s because of my windows’ code.. it doesn’t look like yours.

This is what i mean:
    Your code:

My code:

As you can see, the only difference is that little ‘s:’ at the begining of my code. I can’t change it because my whole windows has components.

Flex created these tags. And i don’t know why…

This is the Error i’m getting now: ‘Call to an undefined method open’.

I hope you know the aswer :) and i’m apologize for my english. I’ts not my native language.

Ow! and by the way.. could you tell me what’s the name of the font you have in the header of the web site (‘A bunch of Adobe Air…’).

Thank you! And congratulations for the website.

6. Feresr says:

I discovered what i was doing wrong… This example was really useful. Thanks. Bye

7. Hollywood says:

thanks very much for the post, very helpful, but how do you communicate or send data back and forth between the parent application and the newly created window. thanks

8. Esteban says:

Can you helpme; i use flash builder 4.5 but i have problems i want call other s:WindowedApplication but i canĀ“t. have mistake Description Resource Path Location Type
    1061: Call to a possibly undefined method open through a reference with static type com.renders:ListaModulos. Default.mxml /STRM1/src line 111 Flex Problem

9. Remi says:

Thanks. Saved me!

10. Works!!
    But I have a problem. When I open a new Window and call the function Alert.show, this function don’t works.

library: mx.controls.Alert;